Sometimes, it may be necessary to share recordings of your playing that don't fit neatly into a course assignment. Here are some examples:
- You want to share a recording of yourself with an instructor during a live class. (An open dojo session, for example)
- You'll like to get feedback on some element of your playing in a forum or group.
- Any other reason under the sun!
Nowadays, it's extremely easy to do this using a cloud storage service. The basics of a cloud storage service are thus:
- You make a file (in this case, a recording).
- You save that file to the cloud service.
- Once saved, your file gets its own sharable link.
- You can share that link with anyone, allowing them to view/download your file!
It's super easy. Here are some great (free) cloud storage services you can use to generate sharable links:
Also, keep in mind that YouTube videos, Soundcloud audio, and more are great ways to share content via a link. Once you have a link, simply copy it, and paste it anywhere you need it to go!
Quick Share Technique One:
This one is for iPhone/iPad device users:
- Record video on iPhone or iPad
- Click the share button.
- Select "Copy iCloud Link"
- Paste the iCloud link in any class session chat or group/forum on the site.
The instructor will be able to access and play your file using the link in seconds!
Quick Share Technique Two:
Anyone with a Gmail/Google account can do this:
- Make a file, any file!
- Access your google drive (just type in drive.google.com and log in)
- Drag the file into your google drive.
- In the file share options, copy the "public link."
- Paste that link in any class ession chat or group/forum on the site.
PS - If you don't have any other platforms you're familiar with, just use Google Drive. Can't be any simpler, and they have 50Gb of Free Storage.